The Museum of Natural History. Established in 1869 by Albert Smith Bickmore. The idea to create a Museum of Natural History gained support from William E. Dodge, Jr., Theodore Roosevelt, Sr., Joseph Choate, and J. Pierpont Morgan. The original exhibition space was in the Central Park Arsenal, and later relocated to 77th and 81st Street. President Ulysses S. Grant laid the cornerstone for the 77th street building in 1874 by Architect Jacob Wrey Mould. Architects: Kevin Roche, Calvert Vaux, J. Cleaveland Cady, and Jacob Wrey Mould all contributed to the Architectural styles: Gothic Revival architecture, Beaux-Arts architecture, Richardsonian Romanesque, Romanesque Revival of AMNH.
Click Here to view the Gallery